Nob Studio

The Uncommon Book of Mages Idea Thread

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

pegasis6

440 posts
February 17, 2013, 8:47 pm
Yes, I know approximately how many threads are like this. But this thread is slightly different. I've noticed how many talk about plots, chars, mechanics and the like. Why not cover this and other subjects relating to our beloved mages?

For example, other than the Young Mage Contest, what other traditional and/or cultural events do they have (of course, it probably differs from one clan to another)? Are there other locations than the six clans? Can we develop and refine the mage's history more? We will cover these and more in this thread.
prophesiser1

42320 posts
February 17, 2013, 9:15 pm
Dances! Every culture has their own dance!
masokaso

23545 posts
February 17, 2013, 9:28 pm
Everybody knows any sort of magic user is VERY lazy...But in the first one they seem to act as if magic is a gift..So there must be some people who are
unable to use magic whatsoever .So where would these people be?Hiding throughout different cities? Just kinda popped up in my head.
pegasis6

440 posts
February 18, 2013, 1:37 am
And we're off to an excellent start!

I do agree with those two. I love the idea of cultural dances. Maybe there should be non-magic using peoples who are near the bottom of the social ladder and are either largely mistreated and/or ignored.
masokaso

23545 posts
February 18, 2013, 4:57 am
The poison clan has shown a capability to assassinate..And brew potions AND antidotes..Greats sea has shown capabilities of commanding waves and such...
Ice clan...Freezes stuff...Dark wood ..I don't know much about dark wood and burning hill ..Chaos fire has shown a tendency to be on an aggressive side..So do these clans act together to supply? Or do some specialize in somethings.. Because they can't just summon food right? And great sea...Is the only clan with real water..Correct me if I am wrong on any of these ideas.
pegasis6

440 posts
February 19, 2013, 4:31 am
Maybe there is a sort of alliance regarding trading. I do believe that the white robe/black robe wars didn't just affect mages' lives. You know, how WW1 eventually led to the Great Depression?
masokaso

23545 posts
February 19, 2013, 5:57 am
Blood pools...Frozen lakes...Salty brine..Heaps of poison...More blood,,And even more blood...
grmreap

3639 posts
February 19, 2013, 4:19 pm
Dark Wood specializes in blood magic. They are especially cruel, an example being how a Dark Wood mage left that one Great Sea mage to slowly burn to death in BoM 2. Burning Hill......... I don't know. Anyways, after the huge amount of magi who died during The Dark Times, maybe there would be a form of rebellion by the humans? I don't mean that as in the magi aren't human, I just mean the people without magic powers.
grmreap

3639 posts
February 19, 2013, 4:26 pm
And maybe there is some central core of they BoM world, kind of like a small star INSIDE the planet, but it's made of mana. And millions of years ago, it was kinda like modern-day earth, all high-tech and stuff, and some rich company drilled too deep and hit that core, and it led to a sort of apocalypse. And the richer people got bunkers and shelters, or stuff like the Arks from Rage, and most of the poor people died, but the survivors on the surface got imbued with powers and became hunter-gathers, and that half-way to the time of BoM 2, the descendants of the rich people who bought the fancy bunkers and underground safe-houses emerged, and were treated as slaves because of their lack of magic abilities.
grmreap

3639 posts
February 19, 2013, 4:26 pm
Jeez, that's a long back-story for me. That felt like hardly anything when I was typing it.
grmreap

3639 posts
February 19, 2013, 4:32 pm
And they should have ceremonies for the growing children, things like the first sign of magic abilities, first control of those abilities, acceptance into schools for the "Gifted".... stuff like that.
masokaso

23545 posts
February 19, 2013, 5:22 pm
Nice...Well...I'm fresh dry out of things to say.. Might need to wait a bit..I all ways get ideas at night..I guess
champion

11624 posts
February 20, 2013, 8:40 pm
Here's one tradition universal to all clans and implemented in BOM1: Clan Leader Election!
masokaso

23545 posts
February 20, 2013, 8:56 pm
It isn't an election! Its a tournament! Full of schemes assassins and bribery!
champion

11624 posts
February 21, 2013, 9:06 pm
Excellent idea! Also, Magic Master Tournament/Election/Contest/Whatever!
masokaso

23545 posts
February 22, 2013, 3:03 am
Well all of the powerful mages come together and fight until one is incapacitated . The undefeated one is chosen as The leader of whatever
champion

11624 posts
February 22, 2013, 8:28 pm
Do note that Battlebeard's meant to survive until 250!
masokaso

23545 posts
February 22, 2013, 11:07 pm
get over the whole battle beards death!
champion

11624 posts
February 23, 2013, 9:42 pm
But it's important because it means that Battlebeard is still the Great Mage!
masokaso

23545 posts
February 24, 2013, 1:25 am
if there is a bom 3 SET IT IN YEAR 300! Jeeze! all i hear about is
OH BATTLE BEARD DIES IN 250 OOHHOHOHOH SUCH A BIG DEAL

View All Forums

Forum Categories